Photo, Print, Drawing Old Tavern, Military Road, Washington, Hempstead County, AR
About this Item
- Old Tavern, Military Road, Washington, Hempstead County, AR
- Contributor Names
- Historic American Buildings Survey, creator
- Houston, Sam
- Trammell, Nick
- Crockett, David
- Bowie, James
- Etter, W H
- Pike, Albert
- Posey, John F, field team
- Burton, P V, field team
- Black, H M, project manager
- Reynolds, Prather, photographer
- Delony, Lawson L, historian
- Black, H M, delineator
- Created / Published
- Documentation compiled after 1933
- Subject Headings
- - taverns (inns)
- - wooden buildings
- - eating & drinking
- - travel
- - building deterioration
- - war (Mexican-American War)
- - domestic life
- - houses
- - gable roofs
- - Arkansas -- Hempstead County -- Washington
- - Unprocessed Field note material exists for this structure: FN-1
- - Survey number: HABS AR-32-4
- - Building/structure dates: ca. 1830 Initial Construction
- Photo(s): 2
- Measured Drawing(s): 6
- Data Page(s): 2
- Call Number/Physical Location
- HABS ARK,29-WASH,2-
- Source Collection
- Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)
- Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.print
- Control Number
- Rights Advisory
- No known restrictions on images made by the U.S. Government; images copied from other sources may be restricted. http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/res/114_habs.html
- Online Format
- Photo(s): 2 | Measured Drawing(s): 6 | Data Page(s): 2
FormatPhoto, Print, Drawing
ContributorsBlack, H M
Burton, P V
Delony, Lawson L
Etter, W H
Historic American Buildings Survey
Posey, John F
Eating & Drinking
War (Mexican-American War)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress does not own rights to material in its collections. Therefore, it does not license or charge permission fees for use of such material and cannot grant or deny permission to publish or otherwise distribute the material.
Ultimately, it is the researcher's obligation to assess copyright or other use restrictions and obtain permission from third parties when necessary before publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the Library's collections.
For information about reproducing, publishing, and citing material from this collection, as well as access to the original items, see: Historic American Buildings Survey/Historic American Engineering Record/Historic American Landscape Survey (HABS/HAER/HALS) Collection - Rights and Restrictions Information
- Rights Advisory: No known restrictions on images made by the U.S. Government; images copied from other sources may be restricted. http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/res/114_habs.html
- Reproduction Number: ---
- Call Number: HABS ARK,29-WASH,2-
- Access Advisory: ---
If Digital Images Are Displaying
You can download online images yourself. Alternatively, you can purchase copies of various types through Library of Congress Duplication Services.
HABS/HAER/HALS materials have generally been scanned at high resolution that is suitable for most publication purposes (see Digitizing the Collection for further details about the digital images).
If Digital Images Are Not Displaying
In the rare case that a digital image for HABS/HAER/HALS documentation is not displaying online, select images for reproduction through one of these methods:
Access to Originals
Please use the following steps to determine whether you need to fill out a call slip in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room to view the original item(s). In some cases, a surrogate (substitute image) is available, often in the form of a digital image, a copy print, or microfilm.
Is the item digitized? (A thumbnail (small) image will be visible on the left.)
Yes, the item is digitized.
Please use the digital image in preference to requesting the original. All images can be
viewed at a large size when you are in any reading room at the Library of Congress. In some
cases, only thumbnail (small) images are available when you are outside the Library of
Congress because the item is rights restricted or has not been evaluated for rights
As a preservation measure, we generally do not serve an original item when a digital image is available. If you have a compelling reason to see the original, consult with a reference librarian. (Sometimes, the original is simply too fragile to serve. For example, glass and film photographic negatives are particularly subject to damage. They are also easier to see online where they are presented as positive images.)
- No, the item is not digitized. Please go to #2.
- Yes, the item is digitized. Please use the digital image in preference to requesting the original. All images can be viewed at a large size when you are in any reading room at the Library of Congress. In some cases, only thumbnail (small) images are available when you are outside the Library of Congress because the item is rights restricted or has not been evaluated for rights restrictions.
Do the Access Advisory or Call Number fields above indicate that a non-digital surrogate exists, such as microfilm or copy prints?
- Yes, another surrogate exists. Reference staff can direct you to this surrogate.
- No, another surrogate does not exist. Please go to #3.
- If you do not see a thumbnail image or a reference to another surrogate, please fill out a call slip in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room. In many cases, the originals can be served in a few minutes. Other materials require appointments for later the same day or in the future. Reference staff can advise you in both how to fill out a call slip and when the item can be served.
To contact Reference staff in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room, please use our Ask A Librarian service or call the reading room between 8:30 and 5:00 at 202-707-6394, and Press 3.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Historic American Buildings Survey, Creator, Sam Houston, Nick Trammell, David Crockett, James Bowie, W H Etter, Albert Pike, et al., Reynolds, Prather, photographer. Old Tavern, Military Road, Washington, Hempstead County, AR. Arkansas Hempstead County Washington, 1933. Documentation Compiled After. Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/ar0011/.
APA citation style:
Historic American Buildings Survey, C., Houston, S., Trammell, N., Crockett, D., Bowie, J., Etter, W. H. [...] Black, H. M., Reynolds, P., photographer. (1933) Old Tavern, Military Road, Washington, Hempstead County, AR. Arkansas Hempstead County Washington, 1933. Documentation Compiled After. [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/ar0011/.
MLA citation style:
Historic American Buildings Survey, Creator, et al., photographer by Reynolds, Prather. Old Tavern, Military Road, Washington, Hempstead County, AR. Documentation Compiled After. Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/ar0011/>.