90 days ( Library Employees Only ) Administrative Specialist (Detail/Temporary Promotion)
- Opening Date: May 22, 2023
- Closing Date: June 2, 2023
- LC Organization Unit: Library Collections and Services Group
- Grade: GS-09
- Series: 0301
- Availability: Library Employees Only
- Duration: 90 Days
The Law Library’s Global Legal Collections Directorate is offering an opportunity for a qualified individual at the GS-08 level to serve on a full-time, 90-day temporary promotion to the GS-09 level, OR a qualified individual at the GS-09 level (no promotion) to serve on a full-time 90-day detail as an Administrative Specialist. The Administrative Specialist will work under the direct supervision of the Assistant Law Librarian for Collections in the Global Legal Collections Directorate (GLCD) of the Law Library of Congress.
Reporting to Assistant Law Librarian for Collections, the Administrative Specialist provides confidential administrative and management support to the organizational unit and collaborates with other administrative staff to provide support to all managers and supervisors within GLCD to facilitate overall mission accomplishment.
- Collaborate with the Financial Management Directorate (FMD), Employee Resources Management & Planning Division (ERMP), and with LAW/GLCD staff to process financial and human capital transactions.
- Provide routine and recurring support for budget and financial management functions for LAW/GLCD.
- Provide routine human capital administrative support in the areas of performance management and awards, staffing and recruitment, leave administration, and training/development.
- Perform routine administrative duties associated with records management, office relocations, property management, and the purchase of equipment or supplies.
- Utilize systems such as Momentum, eManagement, EmpowHR, WebTA, and Serena (SBM) to process and track actions, enter and maintain data, and produce reports.
Interested candidates should:
- Obtain permission from their supervisor.
- Submit a federal style resume (Please follow the link and ensure the resume includes all components of a federal style resume.)
- Submit a one-page Statement of Interest describing qualifications that include work experience, education and training related to the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, manage and execute substantive administrative support functions (i.e., internal activities or functions such as supply, budget, procurement, or personnel actions to facilitate program operations).
- Ability to serve as a liaison and interact collaboratively with others.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion.
- The applicant should also provide the name and email address of their immediate supervisor.
Eligibility: This opportunity is open to LC permanent and indefinite staff who have permission from their supervisor.
Work Schedule: The work schedule is flextime, Monday thru Friday, 40 hours per week and eligible for six (6) days of telework per pay period after training.
Submission: With permission from their supervisor, candidates should submit the required documents above to Jay Sweany (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5:00 pm on June 2, 2023.
Selection: Applicant information will be reviewed and the top qualified candidate based on the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be selected.
Start Date: The desired start date for the Administrative Specialist opportunity is June 20, 2023.
Deadline for application submissions is June 2, 2023
This temporary promotion or detail will be for a 90 day period.