detail ( Library Employees Only ) Administrative Support Assistant (Detail/Temporary Promotion)
- Opening Date: May 17, 2023
- Closing Date: May 31, 2023
- LC Organization Unit: Library Collections and Services Group
- Grade: GS-07
- Availability: Library Employees Only
- Duration: up to 120 days
Library Collections and Services Group (LCSG) is offering an opportunity for one qualified individual at the GS-06 level to serve on a full-time, 120-day temporary promotion to the GS-07 level, OR a qualified individual at the GS-07 level (no promotion) to serve on a full-time, 120-day detail, as an Administrative Support Assistant. Applicants must have one year time-in-grade at the GS-06 level to be eligible to be temporarily promoted to the GS-07.
The Administrative Support Assistant provides administrative coordination and support to staff members as directed with the inventory, labeling, digital scanning, digital files transfer, and organizational needs. The position carries out a range of administrative management duties that require knowledge of administrative principles, concepts and objectives for office management. Additional assigned work will include sorting for disposal or relocation various files and unused office supplies miscellany.
The position will report directly to the Supervisory Program Specialist, Library Collections and Services Group.
The selected applicant must be able to perform standard clerical and administrative tasks.
Interested candidates should:
- Obtain permission from their supervisor.
- Submit a federal style resume (Please follow the link and ensure the resume includes all components of a federal style resume.)
- Submit a one-page Statement of Interest describing qualifications that include work experience, education and training related to the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
- Ability to use Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to use MS Office software suite, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to use Library multi-function devices (office photocopier/scanning machines) to scan paper documents into PDF format.
- Ability to compare scanned files with paper originals to ensure completeness of scanned copies.
- Ability to label and categorize scanned files.
- Ability to use Excel spreadsheets to record inventory of scanned and paper files.
- Ability to accurately enter title descriptions, document dates, and other descriptive details of files into Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to use shared drive file repositories to archive scanned files as directed.
- Ability to track numbers of files scanned and inventoried.
Eligibility: This opportunity is open to LC permanent staff who have permission from their supervisor.
Work Schedule: The work schedule is Flextime, Monday thru Friday.
Submission: With permission from their supervisor, candidates should submit the required documents above to Moryma Aydelott (firstname.lastname@example.org ) by 5:00 pm on Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Selection: Applicant information will be reviewed and the top qualified candidate based on the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be selected.
Start Date: The desired start date for the Detail or Temporary Promotion is June 18 2023.
Deadline for Application Submissions is May 31, 2023
This temporary promotion or detail will be for a 120-day period.