permanent ( u.s. citizens only ) Assistant Director and Senior Specialist (American Law Division)(Vacancy#:VAR001345)
- Opening Date: August 12, 2020
- Closing Date: October 7, 2020
- OPM Control Number: 576048300
- Vacancy Number: VAR001345
- LC Organization Unit: Congressional Research Service
- LC Organization Unit - Specific Office: American Law Division (ALD)
- Grade: SL-00
- Series: 0905
- Minimum Salary: $131239.00
- Maximum Salary: $197300.00
- Availability: U.S. Citizens Only
The Congressional Research Service (CRS) seeks a senior manager to lead its American Law Division (ALD), one of CRS’s five research divisions. CRS provides objective, nonpartisan, and authoritative legislative research, analysis, and consultative support exclusively to the U.S. Congress.
This position serves as head of the American Law Division, a major CRS research division. In this capacity, and reporting directly to the Director of CRS, the Assistant Director manages, within the interdisciplinary environment of CRS, a professional legal staff in its production of written products and consulting services in support of the U.S. Congress.