permanent ( open to all ) Contract Specialist (Vacancy#:VAR001323)
- Opening Date: July 24, 2020
- Closing Date: July 26, 2021
- OPM Control Number: 574488800
- Vacancy Number: VAR001323
- LC Organization Unit: Office of the Chief Operating Officer
- LC Organization Unit - Specific Office: Contracts Division, Contracts and Grants Directorate.
- Grade: GS-12
- Series: 1102
- Minimum Salary: $86,335.00
- Maximum Salary: $112,240.00
- Availability: Open to All
This is an open continuous vacancy announcement. Applicants may submit or update their application before the closing date. Applicants will be referred after the first cutoff date, and subsequent referrals will be made at the manager’s request. The announcement may close earlier or at the request of the selecting official or after the job is filled.
The first cutoff for receipt of applications under this announcement will be 11:59 p.m. EST on August 25, 2020.
This position is located in the Contracts Division, Contracts and Grants Directorate, Chief Operating Officer. This position serves as a Contract Specialist within the Office of the Chief Operating Officer, Library of Congress, Washington, DC. This position will be utilized throughout the service unit. The incumbent plans, solicits, awards and administers contracts for service units across the Library.
Anyone may apply - By law, employment at most U.S. Government agencies, including the Library of Congress, is limited to U.S. citizens. However, non-citizens may be hired, provided that other legal requirements are met and the Library determines there are no qualified U.S. citizens available for the position.