temporary ( open to all ) Deposit Copies Storage Clerk (Temporary)
- Opening Date: January 8, 2019
- Closing Date: January 22, 2019
- LC Organization Unit: Copyright
- LC Organization Unit - Specific Office: Office of Public Records and Repositories
- Grade: GS-03
- Series: 0303
- Availability: Open to All
- Duration: 120 days
- Hosting Service Unit: Copyright Office
- Program Contact: [email protected]
- Interests/Areas of Study: Asset Management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Building/Property Management, Facilities Operations, and Quality Assurance or related building services.
- Citizenship: US Citizen required
- Application Period: January 8, 2019 – January 22, 2019
- Application Notes: This opportunity is open to all. The work schedule is flextime, Monday thru Friday, up to 40 hours per week. Full-time. The desired start date for the position is February 18, 2019. Application and Selection Process: Interested candidates should email a statement (cover letter) expressing interest in this opportunity and a federal style resume that clearly demonstrates their qualifications including experience, education and training related to the required qualifications and duties listed below to the Copyright Office, Administrative Services Office, [email protected] by January 22, 2019.
- Compensation: GS-3 Series: 0303
- Available Benefits: Benefits are be available.
- Program Duration: Short-term. 120 days
- Qualifications: Must have the ability to use various computer software applications (i.e., data entry, searching, etc.) and office equipment. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with staff.
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Office of Public Records and Repositories (PRR) is responsible for preserving, maintaining, and servicing copyright-related records in physical and digital formats. Staff of the Office of Public Records and Repositories retrieve materials for court cases, perform searches and write search reports based on registered materials and other copyright records, provide certified and non-certified copies of copyright deposits, additional certificates and other copyright records, maintain the official records of the office, and respond to inspection requests from members of the public or Congress. Staff also publicly record documents pertaining to copyright, including documents that transfer copyright ownership, thereby contributing to the world’s largest database of records of copyright ownership.
During this temporary appointment opportunity, the incumbent will support a special project in the Office of Public Records and Repositories/Records Management Section (PRR/RMS). Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
Support the Deposit Copy Storage Unit Inventory Project in the Landover, MD warehouse. Prepare copyright deposit for image preservation; photographing deposit material, inventory deposits boxing and labeling inventoried materials; photographing regular and oversize materials by category for the image catalog; determining if all deposits and documents are present and in the correct order; resolving presentation obstacles by rearranging and staging materials; arranging, labels, places material in boxes for subsequent imaging, as necessary; and creating a digital image catalog that is viewable on-line.