temporary ( open to all ) Fire Protection Engineer (Temporary Appointment)
- Opening Date: July 27, 2020
- Closing Date: August 14, 2020
- LC Organization Unit: Office of the Chief Operating Officer
- LC Organization Unit - Specific Office: Integrated Support Services (ISS), Safety Services Division
- Grade: GS-13
- Series: 0804
- Availability: Open to All
- Duration: 120 Days
The Safety Services Division has an opportunity for a qualified individual at the GS-13, level for a Fire Protection Engineer to serve on a 120 days temporary appointment. The successful candidate will perform a variety of duties in support of Safety Services.
The successful candidate will:
Serves as a technical expert on fire protection and life safety related issues in the agency.
- Planning, directing, and coordinating fire protection engineering issues in new construction, building alterations, lease acquisitions and existing facilities.
- Review a wide range of engineering issues for buildings of various types of occupancies, sizes and complexity.
- Reviews and approves furniture and furnishing designs and coordinates fire and life safety infrastructure requirements with the Architect of the Capitol.
- Conduct inspections of finished spaces and grants or denies occupancy based on applicable statutes, federal regulations and building codes adopted by the Authority Having Jurisdiction.
- Provides technical advice to the agency with regards to fire and life safety issues from strategic planning to individual work stations
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships and information-sharing networks with Library organizational units and other outside agencies.
Under the immediate direction of the Chief, Safety Services performs a wide range of responsibilities to include liaison with the Architect of the Capitol support services providers, client meetings, inspections of Library space.
Application and Selection Process
Interested Candidates should, provide a resume with a one-page statement expressing interest in this opportunity, along with a description of qualifications that includes current work experience and training related to the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
- Hold professional licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE)
- Perform risk assessment
- Ability to research, analyze and make recommendations to solve organizational and operational problems
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to utilize computer technology
- Ability to communicate effectively other than in writing
Deadline for Application Submissions is August 14, 2020.
This temporary opportunity for 120-days and is open to ALL. The work schedule is flextime, Monday thru Friday.
Candidates should submit the required documents above to Monica Pleasant - firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business Friday, August 14, 2020. Applicant information will be reviewed and the top qualified candidates will be interviewed. The selection will be based on how well the candidates meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. The desired start date for this temporary appointment is August 31, 2020.