permanent ( Open to All ) Fire Protection Engineer (Vacancy#: VAR002380)
- Opening Date: May 19, 2023
- Closing Date: May 18, 2024
- OPM Control Number: 726888100
- Vacancy Number: VAR002380
- LC Organization Unit: Office of the Chief Operating Officer
- Grade: GS-13
- Series: 0804
- Minimum Salary: $112,015.00 per year
- Maximum Salary: $145,617.00 per year
- Availability: Open to All
The Fire Protection Engineer serves as the technical expert for the Library of Congress on fire protection and life safety related issues in the Safety Services Division, Integrated Support Services in the Office of the Chief Operating Officer (OCOO). The Incumbent is directly involved in planning, directing, and coordinating the fire protection engineering issues in new construction, building alteration, lease acquisitions and existing facilities.
The incumbent's expertise covers a wide range of engineering issues for buildings of various types of occupancies, sizes and complexity. The incumbent possesses expertise in many disciplines including fire protection, mechanical, electrical, civil, and structural engineering as well as architectural aspects of design.