permanent ( current and former federal employees only ) Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment and Placement and Classification) (Vacancy#VAR000719)
- Opening Date: January 4, 2019
- Closing Date: January 18, 2019
- OPM Control Number: 520752200
- Vacancy Number: VAR000719
- LC Organization Unit: Office of the Chief Operating Officer
- Grade: GS-11
- Series: 0201
- Minimum Salary: $68,036.00
- Maximum Salary: $88,450.00
- Availability: Current and Former Federal Employees Only
This position is located in Recruitment Services Section (RSS), Human Capital Directorate (HCD) Office of the Chief Operating Officer (COO) at the Library of Congress. The incumbent advises and assists management on matters in the areas of staffing and recruitment, and position classification.
The incumbent advises management on the recruitment, examination and selection processes; researches the best practices regarding recruitment methods and policies in both the Federal and private sectors; and provides input on plans to develop new or revised recruitment programs and policies. The incumbent performs the full range of staffing functions, such as conducting job analysis, developing vacancy announcements, and issuing certificates.