permanent ( open to all ) Inventory Management Specialist (Vacancy#:VAR001295)
- Opening Date: June 30, 2020
- Closing Date: July 30, 2020
- OPM Control Number: 572305800
- Vacancy Number: VAR001295
- LC Organization Unit: Office of the Chief Operating Officer
- LC Organization Unit - Specific Office: Integrated Support Services (ISS), Logistics Services Division.
- Grade: GS-11
- Series: 2010
- Minimum Salary: $72,030.00
- Maximum Salary: $93,638.00
- Availability: Open to All
This position is located in the Office of the Chief Operating Officer (OCOO), Integrated Support Services (ISS), Logistics Services Division. The incumbent serves as an Inventory Management Specialist for the Logistics Asset Control Team (ACT).
The Inventory Management Specialist is responsible for managing personal property across the Library of Congress. This includes screening property upon receipt, updating data in the property accountability system, conducting routine property inventory counts, and disposal. The Inventory Management Specialist applies knowledge of computer systems, techniques, and underlying management concepts for determining, regulating, or controlling the level and flow of personal property from initial plan through acquisition, storage, issue, and utilization or disposal.
Who may apply: Anyone may apply - By law, employment at most U.S. Government agencies, including the Library of Congress, is limited to U.S. citizens. However, non-citizens may be hired, provided that other legal requirements are met and the Library determines there are no qualified U.S. citizens available for the position.