permanent ( u.s. citizens only ) Legislative Attorney (Business Law) (Vacancy#: VAR001007)
- Opening Date: September 3, 2019
- Closing Date: October 3, 2019
- OPM Control Number: 544456700
- Vacancy Number: VAR001007
- LC Organization Unit: Congressional Research Service
- LC Organization Unit - Specific Office: American Law Division (ALD),
- Grade: GS-13
- Series: 0905
- Minimum Salary: $99,172.00
- Maximum Salary: $128,920.00
- Availability: U.S. Citizens Only
The Congressional Research Service (CRS), American Law Division (ALD), seeks a Legislative Attorney to analyze legal questions that emerge from the work of Congress related to business law in particular and American public law generally. This is a non-litigating position emphasizing qualifications and interest in legal research and writing in a public service legislative context.
The Legislative Attorney prepares objective, non-partisan analytical studies and descriptive and background memoranda and reports on legal issues of national significance; provides personal consultation and assistance to congressional committees, Members, and staff on legal issues throughout the legislative process; and participates in or leads team research projects and seminars. The incumbent is expected to develop over time the skills necessary to provide legal analysis and consultation to congressional committees, Members, and staff at increasingly sophisticated levels.