detail ( Library Employees Only ) Librarian (Cataloging and Metadata)(Flexible Detail/Temporary Promotion)
- Opening Date: November 22, 2022
- Closing Date: December 6, 2022
- LC Organization Unit: Congressional Research Service
- LC Organization Unit - Specific Office: Knowledge Services Group (KSG)
- Grade: GS-12
- Series: 1410
- Availability: Library Employees Only
- Duration: Depending on the qualifications of the applicant(s) selected, this may be a temporary promotion, NTE 120 days, or a detail with the possibility of an extension(s).
The Knowledge Services Group of the Congressional Research Service (CRS) is offering an opportunity for a qualified Librarian to serve on a full-time detail or temporary promotion as a Cataloging and Metadata Librarian. More than one applicant may be selected to serve on a rotating basis. The successful candidate(s) will gain excellent work experience in cataloging print and electronic resources, and applying metadata to digital collections.
The individual(s) selected will:
- Perform original and copy cataloging for newly acquired print and electronic research materials, and archival collections in Voyager.
- Organize and provide access to electronic resources through the Library’s Electronic Resources Management System (ERMS).
- Participate in CRS discussions related to the Library’s Collection Access Platform (LCAP) project.
- Ability to apply knowledge of bibliographic control
- Ability to utilize information technology
- Ability to interact collaboratively with others
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in being considered, please submit an e-mail to Julia Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Tuesday, December 6, 2022, with your expression of interest and a copy of your resume that includes the start and end dates and number of hours per week for each work experience. The desired start date is late December. Interviews may be held.For questions, please contact Nancy Warrick at email@example.com.