permanent ( open to all ) Librarian (Cataloging Policy Specialist)(Vacancy#:VAR001372)
- Opening Date: September 3, 2020
- Closing Date: September 24, 2020
- OPM Control Number: 577959700
- Vacancy Number: VAR001372
- LC Organization Unit: Library Services
- LC Organization Unit - Specific Office: Acquisitions & Bibliographic Access Directorate
- Grade: GS-13
- Series: 1410
- Minimum Salary: $102,663.00
- Maximum Salary: $133,465.00
- Availability: Open to All
This position is located in the Cooperative Programs & Policy Section, Policy, Training & Cooperative Programs, Acquisitions & Bibliographic Access Directorate, Library Services.
Analyzes, evaluates, and proposes new cataloging practices and standards that are cited as authoritative by other libraries. Initiates and participates in studies of proposed changes in cataloging policies and practices initiated by the Library or external organizations. Initiates and coordinates studies to assist in evaluating operational benefits of introducing new technology. Works with the Program for Cooperative Cataloging and colleagues to develop standards that are international in scope and harmonized among standards. Works with others in the community to help coordinate the overall process of bibliographic control and access for resources. Prepares reports, analyses, statements, proposals, and documents that and authoritatively convey national-level cataloging policy.