permanent ( open to all ) Librarian (Vacancy #: VAR000574)
- Opening Date: September 19, 2018
- Closing Date: October 18, 2018
- OPM Control Number: 511197600
- Vacancy Number: VAR000574
- LC Organization Unit: Library Services
- LC Organization Unit - Specific Office: Asian and Middle Eastern Division
- Grade: GS-09
- Series: 1410
- Minimum Salary: $56,233.00
- Maximum Salary: $73,105.00
- Availability: Open to All
This position is located in the Israel and Judaica Section, Asian and Middle Eastern Division, Acquisitions and Bibliographic Access Directorate, Library Services.
Catalogs various materials in an automated cataloging environment where the bibliographic characteristics of the material are relatively easy to determine and cataloging decisions are made within established standards. Searches entries in automated and manual catalogs. Assigns headings to catalog entries. Selects and assigns classification numbers. Establishes personal and corporate names and uniform titles for inclusion in the name authority file. Establishes and recommends subject headings for inclusion in the subject authority file and classification schedule. Creates and revises bibliographic records, authority records, and classification schedules. Performs content designation of bibliographic and authority records. Performs research in the cataloger's reference collection, online databases, the world wide web, and the collections of the Library. Recommends resolutions to problems and inconsistencies in the cataloging process.