temporary ( open to all ) Library Aid
- Opening Date: March 23, 2020
- Closing Date: April 15, 2020
- LC Organization Unit: Law Library
- LC Organization Unit - Specific Office: Global Legal Collection Directorate.
- Grade: GS-03
- Series: 1411
- Availability: Open to All
- Duration: May 13, 2019 – August 2, 2019
The Law Library seeks three Library Aids who will perform a range of tasks in the Collection Services Division. Projects include: arranging, shelving and filing print and microform materials; assisting with inventorying and accessioning non-English language publications; preparing items for offsite storage; and searching bibliographical records (in the ILS and OCLC), verification, and updating.
Minimum Knowledge and Abilities accepted:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to utilize computer search tools and data bases
- Knowledge of collections material processing
- Knowledge of Library retrieval procedures
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office programs
- Foreign language skills are a plus
If you’re interested in being considered, please submit an email to LLCTemp@loc.gov by close of business April 15, 2020 that includes your expression of interest and a copy of your resume. Interviews may be held. If you have any questions submit them to LLCTemp@loc.gov .