permanent ( Open to All ) Public Services Assistant (Vacancy#:VAR002228)
- Opening Date: January 18, 2023
- Closing Date: February 20, 2023
- OPM Control Number: 700678000
- Vacancy Number: VAR002228
- LC Organization Unit: Law Library
- LC Organization Unit - Specific Office: Global Legal Research Directorate
- Grade: GS-07
- Series: 1411
- Minimum Salary: $53,105.00
- Maximum Salary: $69,035.00
- Availability: Open to All
This position is located in the Public Service Division, Global Legal Research Directorate, Law Library.
The Public Services Assistant reports to the Law Library Reading Room Operations Officer, and is responsible for (1) providing a broad range of legal collections maintenance and management tasks, including shelving, shifting, processing, superseding, updating, filing pocket-parts and supplementary pamphlets, and maintaining the orderly appearance and arrangement of the Reading Room's 70,000 volume reference collection; (2) providing basic information and equipment usage assistance to the Law Library Reading Room's and Microform Room's clients; and (3) assembling information packets and maintaining a stock of research guides for Reading Room clients.