permanent ( Open to All ) Reference Librarian (Nordic Area Librarian) (Vacancy#: VAR002111)
- Opening Date: September 21, 2022
- Closing Date: October 19, 2022
- OPM Control Number: 678680700
- Vacancy Number: VAR002111
- LC Organization Unit: Researcher and Collection Services
- Grade: GS-09
- Series: 1410
- Minimum Salary: $61,947.00 per year
- Maximum Salary: $80,532.00 per year
- Availability: Open to All
This position is located in the Latin American, Caribbean and European Division, General and International Collections Directorate, Researcher and Collections Services.
The divisions in Collection and Services are the Library's primary gateway to the collections and reference services dealing with the non-English-speaking world. Reference librarians in these divisions provide assistance to researchers in the culture, history, literature, politics, political structure, economies, humanities, and social sciences of these countries and regions. Clients include Congress, foreign and U.S. Government agencies, national and international academics and scholars, research and scientific institutions, the professional and business communities, and the general public. Librarians respond to inquiries that are received in person, by telephone, by correspondence and by electronic media.