temporary ( library employees only ) Secretary
- Opening Date: September 12, 2019
- Closing Date: September 18, 2019
- LC Organization Unit: Copyright
- LC Organization Unit - Specific Office: Office of The Chief of Operations (OPS)
- Grade: GS-07/08
- Series: 0318
- Availability: Library Employees Only
- Duration: 120 Days
An applicant will be selected for an opportunity to serve a 120 day assignment in the Office of The Chief of Operations (OPS) supporting the Operations function and the Office of the Register as the Secretary, GS 7/8. This is a confidential position that reports to the Chief of Operations. Depending on applicant qualifications, this may be either a temporary promotion or a detail with no change in salary. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Primary Receptionist
- Office Activities Coordination
- Mail, Correspondence and Report Processing
- Organization Liaison for Human Resources
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
Permanent, full-time employees of the Library of Congress in good standing. Temporary and indefinite employees are not eligible.
- GS 7 or GS 8 to qualify for a detail.
- GS 6 or GS 7 with six months experience to qualify for a temporary promotion.
- Must have at least a satisfactory/successful performance rating.
- Basic office skills (i.e., typing, filing, telephone etiquette, etc.).
- Knowledge of the Library’s time and attendance (i.e., WebTA) and personnel (i.e., EMPOWHR) systems.
This is a detail/temporary promotion with no expectation of permanent placement. The incumbent will work a flexitime or compflex schedule. The dates of this assignment are expected to be approximately September 30, 2019 through January 24, 2020. The assignment may be extended at the option of the Copyright Office. This opportunity is reimbursable. Service Unit approval will be required.
HOW TO APPLY
Expressions of interest for this opportunity will be accepted until COB Wednesday, September 18, 2019. Send an email on or before the deadline to email@example.com, which includes a cover letter, federal style resume, last annual performance appraisal, and Standard Form 50 (SF50) reflecting the date you entered your current grade level. These documents together should fully and completely demonstrate your possession of the required qualifications. All submissions will be considered and the most qualified applicant(s) will be selected for an interview. Questions should be directed to the United States Copyright Office, Administrative Services Office (LM 458) at (202)707-8370.