temporary ( library employees only ) Special Training Project
- Opening Date: October 9, 2019
- Closing Date: October 23, 2019
- LC Organization Unit: Copyright
- LC Organization Unit - Specific Office: Office of Public Records and Repositories
- Grade: GS-13
- Availability: Library Employees Only
- Duration: 120 days
An applicant will be selected for an opportunity to serve a 120 day assignment in the Office of Public Records and Repositories. The incumbent will be responsible for creating a training plan for internal and external users of the Copyright Office’s new online Recordation system. The training plan and subsequent training materials will ensure the Office is prepared for the transition from a paper-based recordation system to an easier to use and more efficient web-based system. This is a short term employment detail with no change in salary. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create a training plan with targeted training strategies for multiple user roles, resource needs, and performance metrics from pilot through production
- Develop internal training materials including classroom materials and user guides
- Develop goals and standards for successful training and certification of internal staff
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
Permanent, full-time GS-12 or GS 13 employees from any division within the Library of Congress, in good standing that meets the minimum qualifications. Temporary and indefinite employees are not eligible.
- Must have at least a satisfactory/successful performance rating.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication.
- Must have experience creating training and system instructions.
- Experience with instructional system design.
- Experience creating Sharable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) compliant computer-based training.
- Ability to meet project goals.
This is a detail opportunity with no expectation of permanent placement. The incumbent will work a flexitime or compflex, schedule. The dates of this assignment are expected to be approximately October 28, 2019 through February 21, 2020. The Office reserves the right to modify the number of applicants selected and extend the opportunity if the division’s priorities change. This is a reimbursable detail. Service Unit approval is required.
HOW TO APPLY
Expressions of interest for this opportunity will be accepted until COB Wednesday, October 23, 2019. Send an email on or before the deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org, which includes a cover letter of interest, a federal style resume, and copy of your last official appraisal that together fully and completely demonstrates your possession of the required qualifications. All submissions will be considered and the most qualified applicant(s) will be selected for an interview. If you have questions, contact the Administrative Services Office, LM 458 at (202)707-8370.