permanent ( open to all ) Supervisory Contract Specialist (Vacancy#:VAR001325)
- Opening Date: August 6, 2020
- Closing Date: August 5, 2021
- OPM Control Number: 575498500
- Vacancy Number: VAR001325
- LC Organization Unit: Office of the Chief Operating Officer
- LC Organization Unit - Specific Office: Contracts and Grants Directorate.
- Grade: GS-14
- Series: 1102
- Minimum Salary: $121,316.00
- Maximum Salary: $157,709.00
- Availability: Open to All
This position serves as a Supervisory Contract Specialist within the Office of the Chief Operating Officer, Library of Congress, Washington, DC. This position will be utilized throughout the service unit. The incumbent will serve as a first line supervisor for a diverse contracts staff, and manage day-to-day operations of the award and administration of purchase orders and contracts for the Library of Congress. The incumbent will serve as a Contracting Officer and be responsible for the solicitation, award and administration of major contracts, and for the work of subordinate Contract Specialists. The incumbent will review and assign work; serve as an expert and consultant on procurement matters; assist in the development of acquisition planning, training and career development, internal controls and operating procedures.