Photo, Print, Drawing Reclamation of mountaintop removal site from the air
About this Item
- Reclamation of mountaintop removal site from the air
- Contributor Names
- Hufford, Mary, 1952- (Photographer)
- Created / Published
- September 26, 1998
- Subject Headings
- - Fall
- - September
- - Mining
- - Mountaintop removal
- - Reclamation
- - Landform complex
- - Made land
- - Flyovers
- - Photographs
- - Ethnography
- - West Virginia -- Logan County -- Blair
- - West Virginia -- Logan County
- - Following the rally in Cabin Creek, and a meeting of the Appalachian Voices board of directors, Hume Davenport, of Southwings in Tennessee, took board members and residents of the Coal River Valley on a series of "flyovers" in his six-passenger plane, to view mountaintop removal and reclamation from the air. Southwings is a not-for-profit corporation dedicated to environmental education.
- - Event: Flyover of Mountaintop Removal and Reclamation Sites.
- 35 mm Color Slide
- Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 1999/008: CRF-MH-C082-16
- Source Collection
- Coal River Folklife Collection (AFC 1999/008)
- American Folklife Center
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Copy photographs of numerous historical still photographs owned by Woody Boggs and Rick Bradford were made and are reproduced here with permission of the owners.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
Coal River Folklife Project collection (AFC 1999/008), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hufford, Mary. Reclamation of Mountaintop Removal Site from the Air. Blair Logan County West Virginia, 1998. Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/cmns001260/.
APA citation style:
Hufford, M. (1998) Reclamation of Mountaintop Removal Site from the Air. Blair Logan County West Virginia, 1998. [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/cmns001260/.
MLA citation style:
Hufford, Mary. Reclamation of Mountaintop Removal Site from the Air. Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/cmns001260/>.