Audio Recording Gathering nuts and fruits in the woods.
About this Item
- Gathering nuts and fruits in the woods.
- Contributor Names
- Pettry, Martha (Interviewee)
- Pettry, Kenny (Interviewee)
- Flynn, John (Interviewer)
- Created / Published
- June 28, 1995
- Subject Headings
- - Fall
- - Harvesting of fruits and vegetables
- - Buckeye (Aeschylus octandra)
- - Squirrels
- - Beechnuts (Fagus grandifolia)
- - Red Mulberries (Morus rubra)
- - Hickory (Carya sp.)
- - Harvests
- - Persimmon (Diospyrus virginiana)
- - Paw-paw (Asimina triloba)
- - Paw Paw Hollow (W. Va.)
- - Nineteen thirties
- - Hazelnut (Corylus sp.)
- - Possums
- - Ethnography
- - Interviews
- - West Virginia -- Raleigh County -- Peachtree Creek
- - Event: Tour of Peach Tree Creek and cemeteries with Martha and Kenny Pettry.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 1999/008: CRF-MH-A061
- Source Collection
- Coal River Folklife Collection (AFC 1999/008)
- American Folklife Center
- Digital Id
- Online Format
- Beechnuts (Fagus Grandifolia)
- Buckeye (Aeschylus Octandra)
- Harvesting of Fruits and Vegetables
- Hazelnut (Corylus Sp.)
- Hickory (Carya Sp.)
- Nineteen Thirties
- Paw Paw Hollow (W. Va.)
- Paw-Paw (Asimina Triloba)
- Persimmon (Diospyrus Virginiana)
- Red Mulberries (Morus Rubra)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The American Folklife Center and the professional fieldworkers who carry out these projects feel a strong ethical responsibility to the people they have visited and who have consented to have their lives documented for the historical record. The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Copy photographs of numerous historical still photographs owned by Woody Boggs and Rick Bradford were made and are reproduced here with permission of the owners.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance.
Coal River Folklife Project collection (AFC 1999/008), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Pettry, Martha, Kenny Pettry, and John Flynn. Gathering Nuts and Fruits in the Woods. 1995. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/cmns001727/.
APA citation style:
Pettry, M., Pettry, K. & Flynn, J. (1995) Gathering Nuts and Fruits in the Woods. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/cmns001727/.
MLA citation style:
Pettry, Martha, Kenny Pettry, and John Flynn. Gathering Nuts and Fruits in the Woods. 1995. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/cmns001727/>.