Photo, Print, Drawing Tivoli-Union Brewery, 1320-1348 Tenth Street, Denver, Denver County, CO
About this Item
- Tivoli-Union Brewery, 1320-1348 Tenth Street, Denver, Denver County, CO
- Contributor Names
- Historic American Engineering Record, creator
- Good, James
- Milwaukee Brewing Company
- Tivoli-Union Brewing Company
- Occhiato, Carl
- Occhiato, Joseph
- Associates for the Redevelopment of Tivoli
- Rocky Mountain Brewing Company
- Endlich, Charles
- Union Brewing Company
- Burghardt, William
- Created / Published
- Documentation compiled after 1968
- Subject Headings
- - breweries
- - brick buildings
- - distilling industries
- - entertainment
- - adaptive reuse
- - commerce
- - economic development
- - brewing industry
- - Colorado -- Denver County -- Denver
- Latitude / Longitude
- - Significance: One of the largest gravity fed breweries in the United States.
- - Survey number: HAER CO-1
- - Building/structure dates: ca. 1879 Initial Construction
- - Building/structure dates: 1882 Subsequent Work
- - Building/structure dates: 1890 Subsequent Work
- - Building/structure dates: 1901 Subsequent Work
- - National Register of Historic Places NRIS Number: 73000469
- Photo(s): 25
- Data Page(s): 4
- Photo Caption Page(s): 2
- Call Number/Physical Location
- HAER COLO,16-DENV,15-
- Source Collection
- Historic American Engineering Record (Library of Congress)
- Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.print
- Control Number
- Rights Advisory
- No known restrictions on images made by the U.S. Government; images copied from other sources may be restricted. http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/res/114_habs.html
- Online Format
- Photo(s): 25 | Data Page(s): 4 | Photo Caption Page(s): 2
FormatPhoto, Print, Drawing
ContributorsAssociates for the Redevelopment of Tivoli
Historic American Engineering Record
Milwaukee Brewing Company
Rocky Mountain Brewing Company
Tivoli-Union Brewing Company
Union Brewing Company
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The Library of Congress does not own rights to material in its collections. Therefore, it does not license or charge permission fees for use of such material and cannot grant or deny permission to publish or otherwise distribute the material.
Ultimately, it is the researcher's obligation to assess copyright or other use restrictions and obtain permission from third parties when necessary before publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the Library's collections.
For information about reproducing, publishing, and citing material from this collection, as well as access to the original items, see: Historic American Buildings Survey/Historic American Engineering Record/Historic American Landscape Survey (HABS/HAER/HALS) Collection - Rights and Restrictions Information
- Rights Advisory: No known restrictions on images made by the U.S. Government; images copied from other sources may be restricted. http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/res/114_habs.html
- Reproduction Number: ---
- Call Number: HAER COLO,16-DENV,15-
- Access Advisory: ---
If Digital Images Are Displaying
You can download online images yourself. Alternatively, you can purchase copies of various types through Library of Congress Duplication Services.
HABS/HAER/HALS materials have generally been scanned at high resolution that is suitable for most publication purposes (see Digitizing the Collection for further details about the digital images).
If Digital Images Are Not Displaying
In the rare case that a digital image for HABS/HAER/HALS documentation is not displaying online, select images for reproduction through one of these methods:
Access to Originals
Please use the following steps to determine whether you need to fill out a call slip in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room to view the original item(s). In some cases, a surrogate (substitute image) is available, often in the form of a digital image, a copy print, or microfilm.
Is the item digitized? (A thumbnail (small) image will be visible on the left.)
Yes, the item is digitized.
Please use the digital image in preference to requesting the original. All images can be
viewed at a large size when you are in any reading room at the Library of Congress. In some
cases, only thumbnail (small) images are available when you are outside the Library of
Congress because the item is rights restricted or has not been evaluated for rights
As a preservation measure, we generally do not serve an original item when a digital image is available. If you have a compelling reason to see the original, consult with a reference librarian. (Sometimes, the original is simply too fragile to serve. For example, glass and film photographic negatives are particularly subject to damage. They are also easier to see online where they are presented as positive images.)
- No, the item is not digitized. Please go to #2.
- Yes, the item is digitized. Please use the digital image in preference to requesting the original. All images can be viewed at a large size when you are in any reading room at the Library of Congress. In some cases, only thumbnail (small) images are available when you are outside the Library of Congress because the item is rights restricted or has not been evaluated for rights restrictions.
Do the Access Advisory or Call Number fields above indicate that a non-digital surrogate exists, such as microfilm or copy prints?
- Yes, another surrogate exists. Reference staff can direct you to this surrogate.
- No, another surrogate does not exist. Please go to #3.
- If you do not see a thumbnail image or a reference to another surrogate, please fill out a call slip in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room. In many cases, the originals can be served in a few minutes. Other materials require appointments for later the same day or in the future. Reference staff can advise you in both how to fill out a call slip and when the item can be served.
To contact Reference staff in the Prints and Photographs Reading Room, please use our Ask A Librarian service or call the reading room between 8:30 and 5:00 at 202-707-6394, and Press 3.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Historic American Engineering Record, Creator, James Good, Milwaukee Brewing Company, Tivoli-Union Brewing Company, Carl Occhiato, Joseph Occhiato, Associates For The Redevelopment Of Tivoli, et al. Tivoli-Union Brewery, -1348 Tenth Street, Denver, Denver County, CO. Colorado Denver Denver County, 1968. Documentation Compiled After. Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/co0004/.
APA citation style:
Historic American Engineering Record, C., Good, J., Milwaukee Brewing Company, Tivoli-Union Brewing Company, Occhiato, C., Occhiato, J. [...] Burghardt, W. (1968) Tivoli-Union Brewery, -1348 Tenth Street, Denver, Denver County, CO. Colorado Denver Denver County, 1968. Documentation Compiled After. [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/co0004/.
MLA citation style:
Historic American Engineering Record, Creator, et al. Tivoli-Union Brewery, -1348 Tenth Street, Denver, Denver County, CO. Documentation Compiled After. Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/co0004/>.