Periodical Wawawhack, the Rahway High School student newspaper, vol. VI, No. ?
About this Item
- Wawawhack, the Rahway High School student newspaper, vol. VI, No. ?
- Contributor Names
- Rahway High School (Author)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Poetry
- - Astronomy
- - Rahway (New Jersey)
- - Wawawhack
- - Rahway High School
- - Student newspapers and periodicals
- - Sagan, Carl
- - Communication in science
- - Periodicals
- - Contains "Space time and the poet" an article Carl Sagan wrote for Wawawhack, the Rahway High School student newspaper, during his junior year of high school. In it, Sagan explores the relationship between poetry and astronomy with quotations from the works of Lord Tennyson, Edgar Allan Poe, John Gould Fletcher, George Cabot Lodge, and George Santayana, and the Bible. This issue was found inside the front cover of Carl Sagan's high school yearbook.
- Dimensions in inches: 12 x 9
- Source Collection
- The Seth MacFarlane Collection of the Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan Archive
- Manuscript Division
- Online Format
- online text
- Original Format
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- Sagan's Youth and the Progressive Promise of Space | Carl Sagan and the Tradition of Science | Articles and Essays | Finding Our Place in the Cosmos: From Galileo to Sagan and Beyond | Digital Collections
- Liberal Arts Astronomer | Carl Sagan and the Tradition of Science | Articles and Essays | Finding Our Place in the Cosmos: From Galileo to Sagan and Beyond | Digital Collections
- Carl Sagan: Researcher, Educator, Communicator, Advocate and Activist | Carl Sagan and the Tradition of Science | Articles and Essays | Finding Our Place in the Cosmos: From Galileo to Sagan and Beyond | Digital Collections
The Library of Congress has digitized various items from numerous Library of Congress collections to create the online collection Finding our Place in the Cosmos: From Galileo to Sagan and Beyond. As a result, the individual collection items may have varying rights and access restrictions. Whenever possible, the Library of Congress provides factual information about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. For further information with respect to a specific collection item, see the associated rights & access statement on the individualized web page displaying that specific collection item.
As a publicly supported institution, the Library generally does not own rights in its collections. Therefore, it does not charge permission fees for use of such material and generally does not grant or deny permission to publish or otherwise distribute material in its collections. Permission and possible fees may be required from the copyright owner independently of the Library. It is the researcher's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other use restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the Library's collections. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Researchers must make their own assessments of rights in light of their intended use.
If you have any more information about an item you've seen on our website or if you are the copyright owner and believe our website has not properly attributed your work to you or has used it without permission, we want to hear from you. Please contact OGC@loc.gov with your contact information and a link to the relevant content.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Rahway High School. Wawawhack,the Rahway High School student newspaper, vol. VI, No. ?. 1950. Periodical. https://www.loc.gov/item/cosmos000003/.
APA citation style:
Rahway High School. (1950) Wawawhack,the Rahway High School student newspaper, vol. VI, No. ?. [Periodical] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/cosmos000003/.
MLA citation style:
Rahway High School. Wawawhack,the Rahway High School student newspaper, vol. VI, No. ?. 1950. Periodical. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/cosmos000003/>.
More Periodicals like this
PeriodicalWawawhack, the Rahway High School student newspaper, Vol. VI, No. 5.
- Contributor: Rahway High School
- Date: 1950-11-22
PeriodicalThe Chicago maroon, March 6th, 1953
- Contributor: The University of Chicago
- Date: 1953-03-06
PeriodicalThe Things that Live on Mars
- Contributor: Wells, H.G. - Leigh, William R.
PeriodicalBulletin of the American Astronomical Society
AAS Four or five times a year Began with v. 1, no. 1 (Jan. 1969). Each issue has also a distinctive title. Electronic reproduction. [S.l.] : HathiTrust Digital Library, 2010. Master and use...
- Contributor: American Astronomical Society
- Date: 1969
PeriodicalBoston Daily Journal, [newspaper]. May 31, 1865.
- Date: 1865-05-31