Film, Video Carl Sagan home movies of childhood Carl Sagan--home movies
About this Item
- Carl Sagan home movies of childhood
- Carl Sagan--home movies
- A series of short silent home movie clips from Carl Sagan's parents (Sam and Rachel) and family documenting his childhood and youth. A young Carl Sagan is seen playing the piano and playing outside with his sister Cari, and other children. Other clips document trips to the beach and horseback riding.
Created / Published
- 1940s & 50s
- - Sagan, Carl
- - Childhood
- - Family life
- - Videorecording
- - A series of short silent home movie clips from Carl Sagan's parents and family documenting his childhood and youth. A young Carl Sagan is seen playing the piano and playing outside. Other clips document trips to the beach and horse back riding. The movies were transferred from film to a tape likely in the early 1980s.
- Video Tape
- The Seth MacFarlane Collection of the Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan Archive
- Motion Picture, Broadcasting And Recorded Sound Division
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress has digitized various items from numerous Library of Congress collections to create the online collection Finding our Place in the Cosmos: From Galileo to Sagan and Beyond. As a result, the individual collection items may have varying rights and access restrictions. Whenever possible, the Library of Congress provides factual information about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. For further information with respect to a specific collection item, see the associated rights & access statement on the individualized web page displaying that specific collection item.
As a publicly supported institution, the Library generally does not own rights in its collections. Therefore, it does not charge permission fees for use of such material and generally does not grant or deny permission to publish or otherwise distribute material in its collections. Permission and possible fees may be required from the copyright owner independently of the Library. It is the researcher's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other use restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the Library's collections. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Researchers must make their own assessments of rights in light of their intended use.
If you have any more information about an item you've seen on our website or if you are the copyright owner and believe our website has not properly attributed your work to you or has used it without permission, we want to hear from you. Please contact OGC@loc.gov with your contact information and a link to the relevant content.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Carl Sagan home movies of childhood. s & 50s, 1940. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2013607053/.
APA citation style:
(1940) Carl Sagan home movies of childhood. s & 50s. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2013607053/.
MLA citation style:
Carl Sagan home movies of childhood. s & 50s, 1940. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2013607053/>.