3D Object DCM 0004: Rudall Carte & Co. / Flute in C
About this Item
- DCM 0004: Rudall Carte & Co. / Flute in C
- Rudall Carte & Co.
Created / Published
- London, 1896.
- Physical Objects
- - Flute made to order for DCM.
- - Instrument type: Flute in C
- - Medium: Ebonite, silver keys and ferrules, metal-lined sockets.; 67.9 cm., 76.5 cm.
- - Key Holes System: Boehm system, Rockstro's model, open G#, post and rod. G-natural trill for RH 1st finger added by DCM.
- - Mark Maximum: [crown] / RUDALL / CARTE & Cº / 23 BERNERS STREET / OXFORD STREET / LONDON / 2777 / ROCKSTRO'S / MODEL
- - Mark Additional: Mark on upper body. Mark on head and foot: [crown] / RUDALL / CARTE & Cº. / LONDON
- - Condition: G key lever for left little finger is unsoldered.
- - Case: Original case.
- - Provenance: Rudall, Carte & Co., London, 21 Aug. 1896.
- nonprojected graphic
- 1 sound disc : analog ; 12 in.
- DLC Music Division, Library of Congress
- For rights information please contact the Performing Arts Reading Room at https://www.loc.gov/rr/askalib/ask-perform.html
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
The Strad magazine has generously allowed us to reproduce two articles in this presentation: “Exhibition Report: Born in the USA” (July 2006) and “National Treasure” (November 2006). Users may need to contact The Strad for any re-use of the articles.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Rudall Carte & Co. DCM: Rudall Carte & Co. / Flute in C. London, 1896. Image. https://www.loc.gov/item/dcmflute.0004/.
APA citation style:
Rudall Carte & Co. (1896) DCM: Rudall Carte & Co. / Flute in C. London. [Image] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/dcmflute.0004/.
MLA citation style:
Rudall Carte & Co. DCM: Rudall Carte & Co. / Flute in C. London, 1896. Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/dcmflute.0004/>.