Photo, Print, Drawing Abelardo Albisi, 1872-1938
About this Item
- Abelardo Albisi, 1872-1938
- Subject Headings
- - Photograph
- - Signed: Verso: l. c.: (signed, in ink) Abelardo Albisi / Rue Ecole de Medecine 1. / = Geneve = / (Svizzera)
- - Inscription: Recto: l. c.: (in ink) Al Sigr Dayton C. Miller / per ricordo - Abelardo Albisi - 30 Novembre 1922 / Prof. al Conservatorio di Sinestra (Svizzera); Verso: u. r.: (in pencil) 008
- - Provenance: Abelardo Albisi, Geneva, Switzerland, 30 Nov. 1922.
- - Condition: Good condition.
- Photograph on postcard. 5 1/2 x 3/2 inches (14.0 x 8.9 cm.)
- Music Division
- LC Classification
- Box Number: A
- Online Format
- Albisi sits at piano, half-turned to left and facing viewer, right hand to chin. He holds in left hand an Albisiphon and to left, on a chair, is an open case with four flutes and an Albisiphon standing vertically. photograph | Photograph on postcard. 5 1/2 x 3/2 inches (14.0 x 8.9 cm.) | Signed: Verso: l. c.: (signed, in ink) Abelardo Albisi / Rue Ecole de Medecine 1. / = Geneve = / (Svizzera) Inscription: Recto: l. c.: (in ink) Al Sigr Dayton C. Miller / per ricordo - Abelardo Albisi - 30 Novembre 1922 / Prof. al Conservatorio di Sinestra (Svizzera); Verso: u. r.: (in pencil) 008 Provenance: Abelardo Albisi, Geneva, Switzerland, 30 Nov. 1922. Condition: Good condition. Photograph (Form).
- Additional Metadata Formats
- METSXML Record
The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as holders of publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may be content that is protected as "works for hire" (copyright may be held by the party that commissioned the original work) and/or under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. Users should consult the bibliographic information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding items and may assist users in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items as related to their desired uses.
Items included here with the permission of the rights holders are indicated as such in the bibliographic record for each item.
The Strad magazine has generously allowed us to reproduce two articles in this presentation: “Exhibition Report: Born in the USA” (July 2006) and “National Treasure” (November 2006). Users may need to contact The Strad for any re-use of the articles.
In some cases, the Library was unable to identify a possible rights holder and has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. The Library of Congress would like to learn more about these materials and would like to hear from individuals or institutions that have any additional information or know of their history. Please contact: Performing Arts Reading Room.
Suggested credit line: Library of Congress, Music Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Abelardo Albisi, -1938. , . Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/dcmphot.a0008/.
APA citation style:
Abelardo Albisi, -1938. , . [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/dcmphot.a0008/.
MLA citation style:
Abelardo Albisi, -1938. Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/dcmphot.a0008/>.
More Photos, Prints, Drawings like this
Photo, Print, DrawingGeorges Barrère, 1876-1944 Head and shoulders portrait. Barrère, wearing pince-nez, faces viewer and is dressed in a suit and bow tie. photograph | Photograph on postcard. 5 1/2 x 3 5/16 inches (14.0 x 8.4...
- Contributor: Apeda, New York
Photo, Print, DrawingGeorges Barrère, 1876-1944, and Ardelle Hookins, age 12, at the Hotel Athenaeum, Chautauqua, New York Barrère is seated in a rocking chair before a tree and Ardelle Hookins is seated on the arm of the chair at his left (viewer's right). There is carved woodwork on porch...
Photo, Print, DrawingTheobald Boehm, 1794-1881 Three-quarter length portrait of Boehm who stands holding flute in his left hand (on viewer's right). His left arm rests on a table at the right. The table is covered with a...
- Contributor: Hanfstaengl, Munich
Photo, Print, DrawingJ. Clayton Boyes, d. 1937 Three-quarter length portrait of Boyes, standing and holding wooden flute diagonally in both hands (lower left to upper right). He is youthful, with dark hair parted in center, and clean-shaven except for...
- Contributor: Spurr & Son, Bridlington, East Riding, Yorkshire
Photo, Print, DrawingLeon Batchelder Batchelder stands, three-quarter length, turned slightly to the right and facing viewer. He wears formal dress, a cut-away coat and white tie. His right hand is behind his back; he holds a...
- Contributor: Notman's, Boston [&] Cambridge