Event | Lectures and Symposia National Book Festival Presents Dav Pilkey
Date and Location
When: Friday, October 11, 2019
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm EDT
Add to calendar
Where: Thomas Jefferson Building - Coolidge Auditorium (LJG45A)
10 1st Street SE, Washington, DC 20540
Request ADA accommodations five business days in advance at (202) 707-6362 or ADA@loc.gov.
THIS EVENT IS CURRENTLY SOLD OUT.
Dav Pilkey presents his new book, “Dog Man: For Whom the Ball Rolls.” Pilkey’s “Captain Underpants” series has more than 80 million copies in print worldwide, and his series for children emphasizes ethics and civic engagement. His latest creation, “Dog Man,” is a No. 1 New York Times bestselling series.
TICKETS ARE REQUIRED. Doors open at 6 p.m.
Politics and Prose is proud to be the bookseller for this event.
Please beware of scammers and scalpers selling tickets. We caution anyone purchasing from 3rd party sellers that they risk denial of admission to the event.
Presented as part of the National Book Festival Presents.
The Library of Congress National Book Festival has expanded to include a yearlong series of events – to be known as National Book Festival Presents – featuring high-caliber authors, their books and related Library treasures beginning in the fall of 2019, following the signature daylong festival on Aug. 31.
- Sept. 11 – Neil Patrick Harris on his new book, “The Magic Misfits.”
- Sept. 19 – Joy Harjo begins her formal duties as the new U.S. poet laureate with an inaugural reading of her work at the Library, including from her new book of poetry, “An American Sunrise.”
- Sept. 24 – Edwidge Danticat on her new book, “Everything Inside: Stories.”
- Oct. 11 – Dav Pilkey on his new book, “Dog Man: For Whom the Ball Rolls.”
- Oct. 24 – Alexander McCall Smith on his new book, “To the Land of Long Lost Friends: No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency Series.”
- Nov. 6 – Karen Armstrong on her new book, “The Lost Art of Scripture: Rescuing the Sacred Texts.”
- Nov. 8 – Brad Meltzer on the launch of his new PBS KIDS series, “Xavier Riddle and the Secret Museum,” based on his books for children, “Ordinary People Change the World.”
- Nov. 13 – André Aciman on the launch of his new book, “Find Me,” the sequel to his bestselling “Call Me By Your Name,” which was made into an Academy Award-winning film.
Dav PilkeyDavid Murray "Dav" Pilkey Jr. is an American cartoonist, author and illustrator of children's literature. Pilkey is best known as the author and illustrator of the children's book series Captain Underpants and the children's graphic novel series Dog Man.