Manuscript/Mixed Material Letter from Carita Doggett Corse to Alan Lomax, May 25, 1942
About this Item
- Letter from Carita Doggett Corse to Alan Lomax, May 25, 1942
- Corse, Carita Doggett, b. 1892 (Author)
- - Correspondence
- - Dr. Carita Doggett Corse, state supervisor of the Writers' Project in Florida, informs Alan Lomax, assistant in charge of the Archive of American Folk Song, Library of Congress, that it would be impossible to make copies of the photographs he requested, but a set of 5x7 prints was already sent to the Library of Congress.
- Manuscript: 1 p.
Call Number/Physical Location
- Carita Doggett Corse Correspondence File
- Carita Doggett Corse corresp. File
- American Folklife Center
- online text
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
A small subset of the sound recordings in this collection (44 items) are not included in this online presentation due to considerations of sound quality or other concerns. See a list of the items in the American Folklife Center's holdings but not provided here online. Researchers with an interest or need to review the entire body of material are encouraged to contact the American Folklife Center. The staff of the American Folklife Center is eager to learn more about the musical compositions and performers included in the collection and encourages the public to contact them with any information.
Please cite the source collection title, collection number, and repository, for example:
- Resettlement Administration Recordings Collection (AFC 1939/016), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
- Stetson Kennedy and Robert Cook Florida WPA Recordings (AFC 1939/013), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
- Alton C. Morris Florida WPA recordings (AFC 1939/026), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
- Florida WPA Recordings, 1940 (AFC 1940/011), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
- American Folklife Center correspondence files, American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Corse, Carita Doggett, B. 1892. Letter from Carita Doggett Corse to Alan Lomax. 1942. Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/flwpa000211/.
APA citation style:
Corse, C. D. (1942) Letter from Carita Doggett Corse to Alan Lomax. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/flwpa000211/.
MLA citation style:
Corse, Carita Doggett, B. 1892. Letter from Carita Doggett Corse to Alan Lomax. 1942. Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/flwpa000211/>.