Audio Recording Kde domov muj? (The Czech National Anthem) Translated title: [Where is my home?]
[Kde domov muj?] (The Czech National Anthem)
About this Item
- Kde domov muj? (The Czech National Anthem)
- Translated title: [Where is my home?]
- Morris, Alton Chester (Collector)
- Morris, Alton Chester (Speaker)
- Jakubcin, Julia (Performer)
Created / Published
- Slavia, Florida
- - National songs
- - Czech Americans--Music
- - Slovak Americans
- - Songs
- - United States -- Florida -- Seminole County -- Slavia
- - The Slavia colony in Florida was established by Slovaks who had first settled in Cleveland in 1912.
- - Performer referred to elsewhere as Julia Jacubcin
- - The first stanza to this song, preceding the first stanza to the Slovak National Anthem, constituted the national anthem of the Czechoslovak Republic beginning in 1918. Since 1993, the first two stanzas of this song have served as the national anthem of the independent Czech Republic.
- - Performance Note: "Kde domov muj? (The Czech National Anthem)" (vocals) performed by Julia Jakubcin at St. Luke's Lutheran Church, Slavia, Florida, on September 1, 1939.
- Sound disc : analog ; 12 in.
Call Number/Physical Location
- AFC 1939/026: AFS 03539 B03
- Alton C. Morris Florida WPA recordings (AFC 1939/026)
- American Folklife Center
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17, U.S.C.) or any other restrictions in the material in this collection, except as noted below. Users should keep in mind that the Library of Congress is providing access to these materials strictly for educational and research purposes. The written permission of the copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
A small subset of the sound recordings in this collection (44 items) are not included in this online presentation due to considerations of sound quality or other concerns. See a list of the items in the American Folklife Center's holdings but not provided here online. Researchers with an interest or need to review the entire body of material are encouraged to contact the American Folklife Center. The staff of the American Folklife Center is eager to learn more about the musical compositions and performers included in the collection and encourages the public to contact them with any information.
Please cite the source collection title, collection number, and repository, for example:
- Resettlement Administration Recordings Collection (AFC 1939/016), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
- Stetson Kennedy and Robert Cook Florida WPA Recordings (AFC 1939/013), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
- Alton C. Morris Florida WPA recordings (AFC 1939/026), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
- Florida WPA Recordings, 1940 (AFC 1940/011), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
- American Folklife Center correspondence files, American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Morris, Alton Chester, Alton Chester Morris, and Julia Jakubcin. Kde domov muj? The Czech National Anthem. Slavia, Florida, 1939. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/flwpa000247/.
APA citation style:
Morris, A. C., Morris, A. C. & Jakubcin, J. (1939) Kde domov muj? The Czech National Anthem. Slavia, Florida. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/flwpa000247/.
MLA citation style:
Morris, Alton Chester, Alton Chester Morris, and Julia Jakubcin. Kde domov muj? The Czech National Anthem. Slavia, Florida, 1939. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/flwpa000247/>.