Map Carte des États-unis d'Amérique.
About this Item
- Carte des États-unis d'Amérique.
- Sketch map of the eastern half of the United States showing major mountain ridges by hachures. Indicates canals, railroads and the "Route Nationale" between Cumberland, Md., and Vandalia, Ill. Shows projected railroads between Cumberland and Vandalia, between New Orleans and Nashville, and between Cincinnati and Columbia, S.C. "Voies de communication" are indicated in five colors. [From published bibliography]
- Contributor Names
- Bouffard, L.
- Created / Published
- [Paris] Lith. de Benard, 1836.
- Subject Headings
- - Railroads--United States--Maps
- - United States--Maps
- - United States
- - Scale ca. 1:8,000,000.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows existing and projected railroads.
- - Hand colored showing "Voies de communication" in 5 colors.
- - LC Railroad maps, 4
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - AACR2: 650/1; 651/2
- col. map 32 x 39 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3701.P3 1836 .B6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Bouffard, L. Carte des États-unis d'Amérique. [Paris Lith. de Benard, 1836] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gm70002851/.
APA citation style:
Bouffard, L. (1836) Carte des États-unis d'Amérique. [Paris Lith. de Benard] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm70002851/.
MLA citation style:
Bouffard, L. Carte des États-unis d'Amérique. [Paris Lith. de Benard, 1836] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gm70002851/>.
More Maps like this
MapNew railway map of the United States. Detailed map of the eastern half of the United States to the 93d Meridian, framed in decorative borders. Indicates drainage, state, county, and township boundaries, cities and towns, canals, roads, the railroad...
- Contributor: G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co.
- Date: 1867
MapThe American Union railroad map of the United States, British possessions. West Indies, Mexico, and Central ... Detailed map of the continental United States and portions of Canada and Mexico indicating drainage, international and state boundaries, cities and towns, forts, canals, stage roads, railroads, and proposed railroads. [From published...
- Contributor: Guernsey, Darius L.
- Date: 1874
MapCentennial American Republic and railroad map of the United States and of the Dominion of Canada. ... Shows drainage, cities and towns,and the railroad network with names of lines. Includes distance chart and view of "Main building centennial exhibition, Philadelphia, 1876." [From published bibliography]
- Contributor: Watson, Gaylord
- Date: 1875
MapColton's railroad map (intermediate size) of the United States reduced from "Colton's railroad and commercial map ... Detailed map of the United States showing drainage, cities and towns, internal boundaries, railroads named along the line, and railroads under construction.
- Contributor: G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co.
- Date: 1870
MapThe American Union railroad map of the United States, British possessions, West Indies, Mexico and Central ... Detailed map of the continental United States and portions of Canada and Mexico indicating drainage, international and state boundaries, cities and towns, forts, canals, stage roads, railroads, and proposed railroads.
- Contributor: Haasis & Lubrecht
- Date: 1872