Map Williams' commercial map of the United States and Canada with railroads, routes, and distances,
About this Item
- Williams' commercial map of the United States and Canada with railroads, routes, and distances,
- Detailed general map of the eastern half of the United States framed in decorative borders indicating drainage, cities and towns, canals, roads, the railroad network, and indicating the proposed railroad routes to the Pacific Ocean. Railroads in progress are indicated by dashed lines. [From published bibliography]
- Williams, W. (Wellington)
Created / Published
- Philadelphia, 1855.
- - Railroads--United States--Maps
- - United States
- - Scale ca. 1:4,400,000.
- - LC Railroad maps, 29
- - Includes list of distances between major cities.
- - Insets: City & harbor of Havana.--Map of the Island of Cuba.--Map of the Niagara River and Falls.--Map of California, Oregon, New Mexico, Utah &c.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - AACR2
- col. map 72 x 84 cm. on 4 sheets 47 x 64 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3701.P3 1855 .W5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Williams, W. Williams' commercial map of the United States and Canada with railroads, routes, and distances. Philadelphia, 1855. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gm70005364/.
APA citation style:
Williams, W. (1855) Williams' commercial map of the United States and Canada with railroads, routes, and distances. Philadelphia. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm70005364/.
MLA citation style:
Williams, W. Williams' commercial map of the United States and Canada with railroads, routes, and distances. Philadelphia, 1855. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gm70005364/>.