Map Boston, its environs and harbour, with the rebels works raised against that town in 1775,
About this Item
- Boston, its environs and harbour, with the rebels works raised against that town in 1775,
- Page, Thomas Hyde, Sir, 1746-1821.
Created / Published
- - Boston (Mass.)--History--Siege, 1775-1776--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Fortification--Massachusetts--Boston--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Boston Harbor (Mass.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Boston (Mass.)--Buildings, structures, etc.--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Manuscript maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Massachusetts--Boston
- - Scale ca. 1:24,000.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 911
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 100; 651/1; 650/2; 650/3; 651/4; 650/5
- col. map 45 x 64 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3764.B6S3 1775 .P3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Mapping the American Revolution and Its Era | Articles and Essays | American Revolution and Its Era: Maps and Charts of North America and the West Indies, 1750 to 1789 | Digital Collections
- Today in History - March 24
- Free to Use and Reuse: American Revolution and Founding Washington | Free to Use and Reuse Sets
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Page, Thomas Hyde, Sir. Boston, Its Environs and Harbour, With the Rebels Works Raised Against That Town in. [?, 1775] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71000623/.
APA citation style:
Page, T. H. (1775) Boston, Its Environs and Harbour, With the Rebels Works Raised Against That Town in. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71000623/.
MLA citation style:
Page, Thomas Hyde, Sir. Boston, Its Environs and Harbour, With the Rebels Works Raised Against That Town in. [?, 1775] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gm71000623/>.