Map New railway map of the United States.
About this Item
- New railway map of the United States.
- Detailed map of the eastern half of the United States to the 93d Meridian, framed in decorative borders. Indicates drainage, state, county, and township boundaries, cities and towns, canals, roads, the railroad network, and distances between stations. Incomplete railroads are shown by thin black lines. [From published bibliography]
- G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co.
Created / Published
- New York, 1867.
- - Railroads--United States--Maps
- - United States
- - Scale 1:1,267,200; statute miles 20 x 1 in.
- - LC Railroad maps, 48
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- map 137 x 136 cm. on 4 sheets 77 x 81 cm. or smaller.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3701.P3 1867 .G19
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co. New railway map of the United States. New York, 1867. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71000835/.
APA citation style:
G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co. (1867) New railway map of the United States. New York. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71000835/.
MLA citation style:
G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co. New railway map of the United States. New York, 1867. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gm71000835/>.