Map Boston, S. West part. No. 25.
About this Item
- Boston, S. West part. No. 25.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Boston (Mass.)--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Fortification--Massachusetts--Boston--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Boston (Mass.)--Buildings, structures, etc.--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Manuscript maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Massachusetts--Boston
- - Scale ca. 1:5,600.
- - Title in pencil; matches title in Peter Force's catalog of manuscript maps.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper right.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows fortifications and troop stations, including the 4th, 5th, 10th, 47th, and Marines.
- - Table of distances on verso.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 898
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- map on sheet 32 x 40 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3764.B6S3 1775 .B6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Boston, S. West part. No. 25. 1775. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71000915/.
APA citation style:
(1775) Boston, S. West part. No. 25. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71000915/.
MLA citation style:
Boston, S. West part. No. 25. 1775. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gm71000915/>.
More Maps like this
MapBoston, its environs and harbour, with the rebels works raised against that town in 1775, Scale ca. 1:24,000. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 911 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as...
- Contributor: Page, Thomas Hyde
- Date: 1775
MapA plan of Boston in New England with its environs, including Milton, Dorchester, Roxbury, Brooklin, Cambridge, ... Scale ca. 1:14,000. Relief shown by shading. Depths shown by soundings. Includes facsimile of pass issued by James Urquhart, town major, to allow free passage of Henry Pelham "to take a plan...
- Contributor: Pelham, Henry - Jukes, Francis
- Date: 1777
MapA plan of the town of Boston, with the intrenchments &c. of His Majestys forces in ... Scale ca. 1:9,700. Includes "References to the lines &c." and "References to the town." Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. LC Maps of North America,...
- Contributor: Faden, William - Page, Thomas Hyde
- Date: 1777
MapExact plan of General Gage's lines on Boston Neck in America. Scale ca. 1:3,500. Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by form lines. "Engrav'd for the Pennsylv[ani]a magazine." Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. LC Maps...
- Contributor: Gage, Thomas - Aitken, Robert
- Date: 1775
Map[Plan of the Neck and environs. Scale ca. 1:12,000. Title in brackets on verso. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Oriented with north to the bottom. Relief shown by hachures. Shows fortifications at the Boston Neck and ranges to different...
- Date: 1775