Map A Sketch of the Battle of German. Tn., 4th. October 1777, where the rebels were repulsed.
About this Item
- A Sketch of the Battle of German. Tn., 4th. October 1777, where the rebels were repulsed.
- Contributor Names
- Montrésor, John, 1736-1799.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Germantown, Battle of, Philadelphia, Pa., 1777--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Germantown (Philadelphia, Pa.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Germantown (Philadelphia)
- Early Maps
- Manuscript Maps
- - Scale ca. 1:16,200.
- - Relief shown by shading.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Differs from other copies by oval cartouche.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789 1345
- - Stamped on verso: Montresor.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 35 x 29 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3824.P5:2G4S3 1777 .S51
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Montrésor, John. A Sketch of the Battle of German. Tn., 4th. October , where the rebels were repulsed.  Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71000932/.
APA citation style:
Montrésor, J. (1777) A Sketch of the Battle of German. Tn., 4th. October , where the rebels were repulsed. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71000932/.
MLA citation style:
Montrésor, John. A Sketch of the Battle of German. Tn., 4th. October , where the rebels were repulsed.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gm71000932/>.
More Maps like this
MapA Sketch of the Battle of German. Tn., 4th October 1777, where the rebels were repulsed. Scale ca. 1:16,200. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Relief shown by shading. Differs from other copies by square cartouche. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789 1344 Stamped on verso: Montresor. Available also through...
- Contributor: Montrésor, John
- Date: 1777
Map[Battle of Germantown, Pennsylvania, 4th October 1777. Scale not given. Manuscript, pencil. Monogram: PL. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault AACR2
- Date: 1900
Map[Zehn Karten und Ansichten den Schlachtfelden des amerikanischen Unabhängigkeitskreiges in den Staaten Pennsylvanien und New York] Relief shown by hachures on some maps and by landform drawings on some views. Individual map/view titles in German; statements of attribution in Latin. Statements of attribution differ: Ioh. Martin Will excudit...
- Contributor: Will, Johann Martin
- Date: 1777
MapPlan de la retraite de Barren Hill en Pensilvanie : ou un détachement de deux mille ...
Plan de la retraite de Barren Hill en Pensilvanie le 28 May 1778 Covers Barren Hill and vicinity (Whitemarsh Twp., Montgomery Co., Pa.) with Chestnut Hill and Germantown. Relief shown by hachures. Place-names in English. Pen-and-ink, watercolors, wash, and lead pencil. Sectioned to 8 panels...
- Contributor: Lafayette, Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert Du Motier - Capitaine Du Chesnoy, Michel
- Date: 1778
MapCopy of a sketch of the Monongahela, with the field of battle, Scale not given. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and pencil. Relief shown by hachures. In this map the name Ohio R. ou la belle rivière is applied also to the Allegheny. The words "direction of"...
- Contributor: Montrésor, John
- Date: 1755