Map [Ville, port, et rade de Baltimore dans le Maryland.
About this Item
- [Ville, port, et rade de Baltimore dans le Maryland.
- Contributor Names
- Berthier, Louis-Alexandre, 1753-1815.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Baltimore Region (Md.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Harbors--Maryland--Baltimore--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Maryland--Baltimore Region
- - United States--Maryland--Baltimore
- - Scale ca. 1:26,400.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Title from manuscript label on verso as originally mounted.
- - Relief shown by shading.
- - Shows fortifications, troop encampments, and roads from "White Marsh," "Frederick Town," and "Spuriens."
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1419
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 100; 440; 651/1; 650/2
- col. map 25 x 34 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3844.B2A1 1781 .B4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- Rochambeau Map Collection (71)
- France in America (582)
- American Revolution and Its Era: Maps and Charts of North America and the West Indies, 1750 to 1789 (1,432)
- Military Battles and Campaigns (4,483)
- Geography and Map Division (55,350)
- American Memory (512,509)
- Library of Congress Online Catalog (1,179,058)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Berthier, Louis-Alexandre. Ville, port, et rade de Baltimore dans le Maryland. [?, 1781] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71000978/.
APA citation style:
Berthier, L. (1781) Ville, port, et rade de Baltimore dans le Maryland. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71000978/.
MLA citation style:
Berthier, Louis-Alexandre. Ville, port, et rade de Baltimore dans le Maryland. [?, 1781] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gm71000978/>.
More Maps like this
MapPlan du port de Portsmouth levé à vue. Scale ca. 1:38,000. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Relief shown by hachures. Shows fortifications and premier anchorage areas for ships. Indexed for points of interest. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 875 Available...
- Date: 1782
MapPortsmouth, New Hampshire. Scale ca. 1:61,000. Title from verso. Alternate title from Philip Lee Phillips A list of maps of America: Croquis de la rade de Portsmouth; position de la flotte française. Manuscript, pen-and-ink. Has...
- Date: 1782
MapPlan du terrein à la rive gauche de la rivière de James vis-à-vis Jamestown en Virginie ... Scale ca. 1:16,000. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Has watermark. Relief shown by hachures. Includes index to points of military interest. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1451 Available also through the Library...
- Contributor: Desandroüins, Jean Nicolas
- Date: 1781
MapSketch of the engagement at Trenton, given on the 26th of December 1776 betwixt the American ... Scale not given. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Relief shown by hachures. Includes "Explanation." LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1267 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster...
- Contributor: Wiederholdt, Andreas
- Date: 1776
Map[Côte de York-town à Boston: Marches de l'armée. Scale ca. 1:650,000. Title from manuscript label on verso as originally mounted. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Oriented with north toward the upper right. Key map of the route of march of Comte...
- Date: 1782