Maps A plan of the city of Philadelphia, the capital of Pennsylvania, from an actual survey.
About this Item
- A plan of the city of Philadelphia, the capital of Pennsylvania, from an actual survey.
- Contributor Names
- Easburn, Benjamin.
- André, Peter.
- Dury, Andrew.
- Created / Published
- London, Andrew Dury, 1776.
- Subject Headings
- - Philadelphia (Pa.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Delaware Bay (Del. and N.J.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia
- - United States--Delaware Bay (Del.)
- - United States--Delaware Bay (N.J.)
- - Scale ca. 1:5,000.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper right.
- - Shows name and location of important buildings and wharf facilities.
- - Inset: A chart of Delaware Bay and River, from the original by Mr. Fisher of Philadelphia, 1776 [ca. 1:700,000]
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- map 49 x 67 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3824.P5 1776 .E2
- G3824.P5 1776 .E2 Vault Copy 2 hand col., Peter Force map collection, no. 317
- G3824.P5 1776 .E2 Vault Copy 3 hand col., American maps, v. 6, no. 16
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
SubjectsDelaware Bay (del. And N.J.)
Delaware Bay (del.)
Delaware Bay (n.j.)
Early Works to 1800
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Easburn, Benjamin, Peter André, and Andrew Dury. A plan of the city of Philadelphia, the capital of Pennsylvania, from an actual survey. London, Andrew Dury, 1776. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002155/. (Accessed August 27, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Easburn, B., André, P. & Dury, A. (1776) A plan of the city of Philadelphia, the capital of Pennsylvania, from an actual survey. London, Andrew Dury. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002155/.
MLA citation style:
Easburn, Benjamin, Peter André, and Andrew Dury. A plan of the city of Philadelphia, the capital of Pennsylvania, from an actual survey. London, Andrew Dury, 1776. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002155/>.