Map Plan des environs de Williamsburg, York, Hampton, et Portsmouth.
About this Item
- Plan des environs de Williamsburg, York, Hampton, et Portsmouth.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Hampton Roads (Va. : Region)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Williamsburg Region (Va.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Norfolk Region (Va.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Virginia--Hampton Roads Region
- - United States--Virginia--Williamsburg Region
- - United States--Virginia--Norfolk Region
- - Scale ca. 1:300,000.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink.
- - Has watermark.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1145
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 440; 651/1; 651/2; 651/3
- map 31 x 28 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3882.H3 1781 .P5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Scale ca. 1:300,000. Manuscript, pen-and-ink. Has watermark. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1145 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault AACR2: 440; 651/1; 651/2; 651/3
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
- Rochambeau Map Collection (71)
- France in America (463)
- American Revolution and Its Era: Maps and Charts of North America and the West Indies, 1750 to 1789 (1,432)
- Military Battles and Campaigns (4,477)
- Geography and Map Division (19,582)
- American Memory (501,803)
- Library of Congress Online Catalog (1,098,742)
- Hampton Roads
- Hampton Roads Region
- Hampton Roads Region.
- Norfolk Region
- Norfolk Region.
- United States
- Williamsburg Region
- Williamsburg Region.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Plan des environs de Williamsburg, York, Hampton, et Portsmouth.  Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002173/.
APA citation style:
(1781) Plan des environs de Williamsburg, York, Hampton, et Portsmouth. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002173/.
MLA citation style:
Plan des environs de Williamsburg, York, Hampton, et Portsmouth.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gm71002173/>.
More Maps like this
MapCopy of a map military reconnaissance Dep't Va. : [Hampton Roads and Norfolk regions, Va.] Map of the Hampton Roads vicinity showing Confederate fortifications/camps, settlements, city street patterns, roads, railroads, canals, streams, vegetation, and swamps. "Note--This map shows the positions of the rebel forces and their batteries...
- Contributor: Hitchcock, Ethan Allen - Worret, Ch. - United States. Army. Department of Virginia - Cram, Thomas Jefferson
- Date: 1862
Map[Southeastern part of Virginia, from York River, and west to Black Water River] LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 460 Shows fortifications and locations of the Battle of Hampton Roads. Title derived from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989. Pen-and-ink on tracing linen. Available also through...
- Contributor: Hove
- Date: 1862
Map[Outline map of Hampton Roads, and the vicinity of Norfolk, Va.]. Title and date from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989. Pen-and-ink and pencil on tracing linen, mounted on cloth. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H88 Imperfect: Lacking top left corner. Available also...
- Date: 1861
MapNorfolk, Virginia Sept. the 12th, 1861
Jeff Davis & Beauregard, Norfolk Virginia At head of title: Jeff Davis & Beauregard. Includes location of Fort Norfolk, Fortress Monroe, Hampton College, troop placements, batteries, navy yard, hospitals, churches, and the Norfolk & Petersburg Railroad. On verso:...
- Contributor: Harden, R.C.
- Date: 1861
MapCarte des environs d'Hampton. Scale ca. 1:28,800; échelle de 3 lignes pour 100 toises. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Watermark: Fleur de lis surmounting a scroll crossed with three bars. Oriented with north toward the right. Relief...
- Date: 1781