Map [Map of British outposts between Burlington and New Bridge, New Jersey, December 1776.
About this Item
- [Map of British outposts between Burlington and New Bridge, New Jersey, December 1776.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - New Jersey--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - United States--New Jersey
- - Not drawn to scale.
- - Alternate title in Philip Lee Phillips' A list of maps of America: Maps of the road taken by the British troops from New Bridge to Burlington, N.J.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Has watermarks.
- - Shows roads and distances between posts.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1266
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes table of military units and their stations.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map on sheet 31 x 50 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3811.S3 1776 .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Map of British outposts between Burlington and New Bridge, New Jersey, December.  Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002189/.
APA citation style:
(1776) Map of British outposts between Burlington and New Bridge, New Jersey, December. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002189/.
MLA citation style:
Map of British outposts between Burlington and New Bridge, New Jersey, December.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gm71002189/>.
More Maps like this
MapPlan of the operations of General Washington against the King's troops in New Jersey, from the ... Scale ca. 1:113,000. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Relief shown by hachures. Shows area from Newtown, Pennsylvania to Kingston, New Jersey, with routes of British and American forces. LC Maps of North America,...
- Date: 1777
MapPlan of Princeton, Dec. 31, 1776. Scale not given. Title on verso. Manuscript, pen-and-ink. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1271 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Reconnaissance map showing "Gen...
- Contributor: [Cadwalader, John]
- Date: 1776
MapSketch of Brunswick. Sketch of the ground near Mr. Low's at Rariton Landing. Scale ca. 1:12,000 and scale not given. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Watermark: J. Whatman. Relief shown by shading. No. 3 includes numbered location index to redoubts, troop positions, etc. Accompanied by Hills...
- Contributor: [Hills, John - [Sutherland, Alexander
- Date: 1777
MapA plan of the operations of the King's army under the command of General Sir William ... Scale ca. 1:85,000. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Has watermark. Relief shown by hachures. Includes descriptive notes. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1054 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site...
- Contributor: Sauthier, Claude Joseph
- Date: 1776
MapPosition de notre camp le 24 juin 1777 à Perth Amboy. Scale ca. 1:11,000. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor on tracing paper. Relief shown by hachures. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1274 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a...
- Contributor: Wangenheim, Friedrich Adam Julius Von
- Date: 1777