Map Map of Gen. Sullivan's march from Easton to the Senaca & Cayuga countries.
About this Item
- Map of Gen. Sullivan's march from Easton to the Senaca & Cayuga countries.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Sullivan's Indian Campaign, 1779--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Middle Atlantic States
- - Scale ca. 1:350,000.
- - Title from verso.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Has watermarks.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows only route, with dates of encampments, ending at "Chenessee."
- - On verso: Sullivan's expedition against Indians, July-Sept 1779.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1064
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- col. map on sheet 76 x 75 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3791.S3 1779 .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Map of Gen. Sullivan's march from Easton to the Senaca & Cayuga countries.  Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002211/.
APA citation style:
(1779) Map of Gen. Sullivan's march from Easton to the Senaca & Cayuga countries. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002211/.
MLA citation style:
Map of Gen. Sullivan's march from Easton to the Senaca & Cayuga countries.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gm71002211/>.
More Maps like this
Map[Operations of the British army, from the 25th August to 26th Sept. 1777] Scale ca. 1:100,000. Title from Peter Force's catalog of manuscript maps. Alternate title from Philip Lee Phillips' A list of maps of America, p. 699: Map showing the march of the British...
- Contributor: Montrésor, John
- Date: 1777
MapProgress of the army from their landing till taking possession of Philadelphia. Scale ca. 1:350,000. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Has watermark. Relief shown by hachures. Shows camps and battles between Elkton, Md., Valley Forge, and Philadelphia. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1061 Available...
- Date: 1777
MapThis is not given as an accurate map, but only to afford an idea of the ... Scale not given. Manuscript, pen-and-ink. Has watermark. Relief shown by hachures. In upper left corner: Gen: Grey. On verso: 10. Title 617 1/2 in sales catalog of the valuable library of the...
- Contributor: Grey, Charles Grey
- Date: 1777
Map[Côte de York-town à Boston: Marches de l'armée. Scale ca. 1:650,000. Title from manuscript label on verso as originally mounted. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Oriented with north toward the upper right. Key map of the route of march of Comte...
- Date: 1782
MapA map of the country between Albemarle Sound, and Lake Erie, comprehending the whole of Virginia, ... Scale ca. 1:1,300,000. Hand colored. Relief shown pictorially and by hachures. Prime meridian: Philadelphia. Shows boundaries. "The country on the eastern side of the Alleganey Mountains, is taken from Fry and Jefferson's...
- Contributor: Stockdale, John - Jefferson, Thomas - Neele, Samuel John
- Date: 1787