Maps [New York Island and East Jersey. Unfinished.
About this Item
- [New York Island and East Jersey. Unfinished.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - New York (N.Y.)--Maps, Physical--Early works to 1800
- - Bergen County (N.J.)--Maps, Physical--Early works to 1800
- - New York (N.Y.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Bergen County (N.J.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - United States--New York (State)--New York (N.Y.)
- - United States--New Jersey--Bergen County
- - Scale ca. 1:17,000.
- - Title from manuscript catalog of the Peter Force map collection.
- - Variant title in Philip Lee Phillips' A list of maps of America: Topography of upper part of Manhattan Island from about 85th St. to about the Van Cortlandt Manor house, above King's bridge. 1777-1780.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Relief shown by shading.
- - Shows detailed topography of Manhattan Island north of Hell Gate, east of the Harlem River to the Bronx River, and in New Jersey west to the Hackensack River. Without names or military information.
- - Note on verso: No. 6. Unfinished drawings. 50 sheets. (2) same as ten other with work on Jersey side and in Westchester County.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1091
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map, 92 x 113 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3804.N4C1 177- .N4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
[New York Island and East Jersey. Unfinished]. [177-?, 1770] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002311/. (Accessed September 27, 2016.)
APA citation style:
(1770) [New York Island and East Jersey. Unfinished]. [177-?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002311/.
MLA citation style:
[New York Island and East Jersey. Unfinished]. [177-?, 1770] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002311/>.