Maps Copy of a sketch of the Monongahela, with the field of battle,
About this Item
- Copy of a sketch of the Monongahela, with the field of battle,
- Contributor Names
- Montrésor, John, 1736-1799.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Monongahela, Battle of the, Pa., 1755--Maps, Manuscript
- - Pittsburgh (Pa.)--History--French and Indian War, 1754-1763--Maps, Manuscript
- - Monongahela River Valley (W. Va. and Pa.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Fort Duquesne (Pa.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Pittsburgh
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Fort Duquesne
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Monogahela River Valley
- - Scale not given.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and pencil.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - In this map the name Ohio R. ou la belle rivière is applied also to the Allegheny. The words "direction of" have been inserted in pencil between "By" and "an Indian."
- - "No. 28."
- - Includes notes.
- - On verso: John Montresor.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 651/2; 651/4; 700/1
- map; on sheet 26 x 27 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3824.P6S26 1755 .C6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Monogahela River Valley
Monongahela River Valley
SubjectsEarly Works to 1800
Fort Duquesne (pa.)
French and Indian War
Monogahela River Valley
Monongahela River Valley (w. Va. And Pa.)
Monongahela, Battle of The, Pa.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Montrésor, John. Copy of a sketch of the Monongahela, with the field of battle. [?, 1755] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002314/. (Accessed September 28, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Montrésor, J. (1755) Copy of a sketch of the Monongahela, with the field of battle. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002314/.
MLA citation style:
Montrésor, John. Copy of a sketch of the Monongahela, with the field of battle. [?, 1755] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002314/>.