Map [A trader's map of the Ohio country before 1753.
About this Item
- [A trader's map of the Ohio country before 1753.
- Contributor Names
- Patten, John 1724 or 1725-1754.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Ohio River Valley--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Northwest, Old--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Ohio River Valley
- - United States--Middle West
- - Scale ca. 1:1,270,000.
- - Title from C. A. Hanna's The wilderness trail, 1910-1911.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Has watermarks.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 772
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 651/1; 651/2
- col. map 52 x 74 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3707.O5 1753 .P3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Scale ca. 1:1,270,000. Title from C. A. Hanna's The wilderness trail, 1910-1911. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Has watermarks. Relief shown pictorially. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 772 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault AACR2: 651/1; 651/2
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Patten, John 1724 Or. A trader's map of the Ohio country before. [?, 1753] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002324/.
APA citation style:
Patten, J. 1. O. (1753) A trader's map of the Ohio country before. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002324/.
MLA citation style:
Patten, John 1724 Or. A trader's map of the Ohio country before. [?, 1753] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gm71002324/>.
More Maps like this
MapA Map of the western parts of the province of Pennsylvania, Virginia, &c. Scale ca. 1:1,270,000. Manuscript, pen-and-ink, pencil and watercolor. Has watermark. Imperfect: Eastern portion and southwest corner wanting. Relief shown pictorially. "To the Honourable House of Representatives of the Province of Pennsylvania this...
- Contributor: Patten, John
- Date: 1753
Map[Map of the Ohio River from Fort Pitt. Scale ca. 1:700,000. Title from Peter Force's catalog of manuscript maps. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. In pencil: Montresor, 1776. Has watermark. Relief shown by hachures. Shows river course from New Martinsville, W.Va....
- Contributor: Montrésor, John
- Date: 1776
MapRiver of Ohio. Scale ca. 1:2,000,000. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Has watermark. Relief shown by hachures. "No. 23." Includes latitude readings at spots along the river and notes on the width of tributaries. LC Maps...
- Contributor: Gordon, Harry
- Date: 1766
MapA new map of the western parts of Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland and North Carolina; comprehending the ... Scale ca. 1:1,300,000. Hand colored. Annotated in ink. One annotation shows where "Genr. Wayne defeated the Indians Augt. 20, 1794." Relief shown pictorially and by hachures. Prime meridian: Philadelphia and London. Includes...
- Contributor: Cheevers, T. - Hutchins, Thomas
- Date: 1778
MapMap of the country about the Mississippi. Not drawn to scale. Title from verso. Manuscript, pen and ink. Oriented with north toward the upper right. Shows area from Lake Erie to the mouth of the Ohio River. Also mounted...
- Contributor: Chegeree
- Date: 1755