Map [Braddock's route, 1755, Fort Cumberland to Fort Pitt.
About this Item
- [Braddock's route, 1755, Fort Cumberland to Fort Pitt.
Created / Published
- - Pennsylvania--History--French and Indian War, 1754-1763--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Monongahela River (W. Va. and Pa.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Pennsylvania
- - United States--West Virginia--Monongahela River
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Monongahela River
- - Scale 1:316,800; 5 mi. to an in.
- - Title from manuscript catalog of Peter Force map collection.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Has watermark.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - In pencil: Braddock's rout 1755.
- - Shows "Genl. Braddock field," but the route is via Fort Burd, built in 1759. The Monongahela River is extensively mapped.
- - "No. 22. Case C, no. 1."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map on sheet 38 x 46 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3821.S26 1760 .B7
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Braddock's route, Fort Cumberland to Fort Pitt. [?, 1760] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002325/.
APA citation style:
(1760) Braddock's route, Fort Cumberland to Fort Pitt. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002325/.
MLA citation style:
Braddock's route, Fort Cumberland to Fort Pitt. [?, 1760] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gm71002325/>.