Map Skecth [sic] of the road from Kings Bridge to White Plains.
About this Item
- Skecth [sic] of the road from Kings Bridge to White Plains.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Westchester County (N.Y.)--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Westchester County (N.Y.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Bronx (New York, N.Y.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Roads--New York (State)--Westchester County--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)--Westchester County
- - United States--New York (State)--Bronx (New York)
- - Scale ca. 1:32,000.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows roads in Westchester and Bronx counties, New York and Hessian military units in Westchester County, some in more than one location.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1170
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map, 74 x 50 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3803.W5P2 1778 .S5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Skecth sic of the road from Kings Bridge to White Plains. [?, 1778] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002335/.
APA citation style:
(1778) Skecth sic of the road from Kings Bridge to White Plains. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002335/.
MLA citation style:
Skecth sic of the road from Kings Bridge to White Plains. [?, 1778] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gm71002335/>.
More Maps like this
Map[Plan of the country at and in the vicinity of Forts Lee and Independency, showing the ... Scale ca. 1:160,000. Title from Philip Lee Phillips' A list of maps of America. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Has watermarks. Shows British and Hessian troop positions in eastern Bergen County, New Jersey...
- Date: 1776
MapMap of Westchester County, New York : from actual surveys General-content county map showing towns (townships), rural buildings, and householders' names. Also covers southern area that was detached from Westchester County in 1898 to form the Borough of The Bronx (part of...
- Contributor: Dripps, M. (Matthew) - Keil, Valentine - Merry, Frederick Carles
- Date: 1858
Map[Map of the roads from New Rochelle to Kingstreet, Westchester County. Scale ca. 1:63,000. Title from P. L. Phillip's A list of maps of America, p. 502. Manuscript, pen-and-ink. LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1088 Available also through the Library of Congress...
- Date: 1770
Map[Westchester County coast, New Rochelle to Horseneck River: unfinished. Scale ca. 1:96,000. Title from manuscript catalog of Peter Force map collection. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and pencil. Has watermark. An unfinished sketch with pencil construction lines, some names pencilled in, and notes only...
- Date: 1776
Map[Country between North River and Croton River. Scale not given. Manuscript, pen-and-ink. Title from manuscript catalog of Peter Force map collection. Oriented with north to the right. Relief shown by hachures. French. Mounted portion on right side wanting. Includes...
- Date: 1776