Map [Maps of the expedition from Canada of Gen. Burgoyne]
About this Item
- [Maps of the expedition from Canada of Gen. Burgoyne]
- Faden, William, 1749-1836.
Created / Published
- London, 1780.
- 1. A map of the country in which the army ... acted in the campaign of 1777 ... drawn by M. Medcalfe.--2. Plan of the action at Huberton ... Drawn by P. Gerlach.--3. Position of the detachment under Lieutt. Coll. Baum, at Walmscock near Bennington ... Drawn by Lieut. Durnford.--4. Plan of the encampment ... at Swords House ... Drawn by W. C. Wilkinson.--5. Plan of the encampment ... at Braemus Heights ... Drawn by W. C. Wilkinson.--7. [i.e. 6] Plan of the position which the army ... took at Saratoga on the 10th of September 1777, and which it remained till the convention was signed.
- - Burgoyne's Invasion, 1777--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--New York (State)
- - United States--Vermont
- - Scales vary.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Maps no. 4 and 5 have hinged overlays showing different positions.
- - From John Burgoyne's A state of the expedition from Canada. 1780.
- - Includes indexed "References."
- - LC has other copies of each sheet separately cataloged
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1183
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 100
- 6 col. maps, 58 x 48 cm. or smaller.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3801.S3 1780 .F3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Faden, William. Maps of the expedition from Canada of Gen. Burgoyne. London, 1780. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002361/.
APA citation style:
Faden, W. (1780) Maps of the expedition from Canada of Gen. Burgoyne. London. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002361/.
MLA citation style:
Faden, William. Maps of the expedition from Canada of Gen. Burgoyne. London, 1780. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gm71002361/>.