Map [Fort La Fayette on Verplancks Point, with British and Hessian troop positions.
About this Item
- [Fort La Fayette on Verplancks Point, with British and Hessian troop positions.
- Krafft, Johann Carl Philipp von, 1752-1804.
Created / Published
- - Verplanck Point, N.Y.--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - United States--New York (State)--Verplanck Point
- - Scale ca. 1:2,500.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink; with writing partly in German script and partly in English.
- - Has watermark.
- - Ascription of authorship through label on old folder.
- - Proverbs in German and Latin on verso.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1197
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- map, on sheet 20 x 25 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3802.V4S3 1779 .D4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Krafft, Johann Carl Philipp Von. Fort La Fayette on Verplancks Point, with British and Hessian troop positions. [?, 1779] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002362/.
APA citation style:
Krafft, J. C. P. V. (1779) Fort La Fayette on Verplancks Point, with British and Hessian troop positions. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002362/.
MLA citation style:
Krafft, Johann Carl Philipp Von. Fort La Fayette on Verplancks Point, with British and Hessian troop positions. [?, 1779] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gm71002362/>.