Map [Beijing cheng jiao tu]. [北京城郊图]. / Map of Beijing and its environs
About this Item
- [Beijing cheng jiao tu].
- Other Title
- Map of Beijing and its environs
- Contributor Names
- Rockhill, William Woodville, 1854-1914.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Beijing (China)--Maps, Manuscript
- - China--Beijing
- - Shows the site of old Summer Palace, Yuanming and the royal hunting park "Nan yuan xing gong"
- - Relief shown by shading and hachures.
- - Title supplied.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Annotated in black ink: Map of Peking & the environs. Drawn by Chinese from European surveys, circa 1886, Peking.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Gift; W.W. Rockhill; 1884.
- 1 map : col. ; 63 x 84 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G7824.B4 1886 .B4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Shows the site of old Summer Palace, Yuanming and the royal hunting park "Nan yuan xing gong" Relief shown by shading and hachures. Title supplied. Pen-and-ink and watercolor. Annotated in black ink: Map of Peking & the environs. Drawn by Chinese from European surveys, circa 1886, Peking. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Gift; W.W. Rockhill; 1884.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Rockhill, William Woodville. Beijing Cheng Jiao Tu. [?, 1886] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002466/.
APA citation style:
Rockhill, W. W. (1886) Beijing Cheng Jiao Tu. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71002466/.
MLA citation style:
Rockhill, William Woodville. Beijing Cheng Jiao Tu. [?, 1886] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gm71002466/>.