Map [Jiangnan hai tang tu]. [江南海塘圖]. / Map of the Jiangnan Seawall
About this Item
- [Jiangnan hai tang tu].
- Map of the Jiangnan Seawall
Created / Published
- [Between 1750 and 1753]
- - Flood control--China--Jiangsu Sheng--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Jiangsu Sheng (China)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - China--Jiangsu Sheng
- - Scale ca. 1:140,000.
- - Shows sea walls, dikes, and distances of the coastal areas in Jiangsu Province, from area of Taicang and Zhaowen to area between Jinshan and Pinghu, including Shanghai.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Pictorial map.
- - Previous supplied title:Songjiang Fu hai tang tu
- - Title supplied.
- - Oriented with north to the left.
- - Hummel purchase 1934, no. 10.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes text.
- - Previous call number: G7823.J48N22 1795 .S6 Vault Shelf
- - AACR2
- 1 ms. map : col. ; 28 x 152 cm. on scroll.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G7823.J48N22 1753 .J5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Jiangnan Hai Tang Tu. [Between 1750 and 1753, 1750] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005013/.
APA citation style:
(1750) Jiangnan Hai Tang Tu. [Between 1750 and 1753] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/gm71005013/.
MLA citation style:
Jiangnan Hai Tang Tu. [Between 1750 and 1753, 1750] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/gm71005013/>.